Tuesday, July 06, 2004

John and John will take back America.

John Kerry picked John Edwards to be his vice presidential running mate. I can't say I'm very surprised, though I think he had some better choices out there.

I was a fan of Dick Gephart from the begining of the primary season and I would have voted for him if I had the opportunity. Alas, Kerry had already sewn up the nomination by the time the primaries rolled around to New York. Also Bob Graham is enormously popular in Florida, which would have seemingly tied up the most important of swing states.

It's all good, though, because Edwards is popular and has that Southern charm, and won't stick his foot in his mouth. He'll look a thousand times smoother than Dick Cheney in the debate, which will be interesting.

It's interesting how Edwards roswe so quickly through the ranks of Democrats. He's only been in the Senate since 1998, if I'm not mistaken, and he's already way up there. I guess it doesn't hurt that he's filthy rich.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home