Thursday, July 22, 2004

You know you're getting old when...

So today is my 26th birthday.  I'm officially in my late twenties, and to go along with that, I got an old people type of surprise.

I got a check up earlier in the week, and today my doctor called to inform me that my cholesterol is 256.  High cholesterol is 200, and I'm 25% above that.  So, you gotta go big or go home, I guess.  I gotta stop eating eggs and steak and cheese, I'm told.  There goes the cheeseburger with fried egg lunches.

I'll have to eat more Cheerios and salmon.  I don't think it will be all that hard to change my diet, but I wonder how long it takes for cholesterol to go down.  Clearly I'll have to research it a bit.  Next time I check in, hopefully it'll be a bit lower.


Comments:
Amazing since you're also in relatively good physical health (not overweight, still have that wicked left-hand fall away jumper, etc...)

Did the doctor pose a hypothesis as to the cause(s)??

MDS
 
It's probably my steady diet of beef, eggs, and cheese. I would say mostly I eat too much beef and eggs in particular. I'll have to stop doing that.
 
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home