Friday, August 13, 2004

Gov. McGreevy hasn't been completely straight with us.

I could not care less if Gov. McGreevy from NJ, my home state, is gay. I was commenting yesterday on how I thought it was somewhat ludicrous for him to resign just because he was gay. Also it's questionable as to whether he should resign just because he had an affair.

Now the real reason he is resigning is apparent. It's not because he's gay, per se, but because he put his lover in a job that he wasn't qualified for. This is just corruption and a waste of state funds and everything else and the like.

Similarly, if you are carrying on a sexual relationship with an underling, there is definitely a conflict of interest, and there is more than likely grounds for sexual harassment, which should be coming up shortly for McGreevy.

To paraphrase young Will Hunting, I don't care if he putts from the rough, but the corruption seems to be abounding from his administration, and while I solute him for finally going public with his homosexuality, it seems to be a smokescreen for the widespread corruption, even beyond his affair, in his administration.

Comments:
So I heard he put his lover in a very favorable position! Bwa ha ha ha
 
Post a Comment

<< Home