Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I hate to say it, but Spider-Man 2 was really good.

The first Spider-Man movie was pretty corny and about what everyone was expecting from a movie of that genre. The dialogue was lame, and the story was silly and overbearing, but the action was moderately cool and everyone went to see it.

Spider-Man 2, which I saw over the weekend, was actually very good. The plot was engaging, the comedy was heartfelt, the action was good, the villain was cool. All in all, this was a brilliant film. I didn't believe I'd ever see myself say that, but I just can't help it. It was a damn good movie.

There were corny moments. Mary Jane dating an astronaut, for God's sake. And when did NASA start enlisting 23 year old astronauts? Also Mary Jane running through the park in her wedding dress with a goofy smile. On the whole, however, the movie was dope and I recommend it.

Comments:
I must beg to differ with you, Jerry... Spider-Man 2 was in my opinion mediocre.

Special Effects: A (not an A+ because certain scenes, particularly when Spidey is swinging from buildings at high speeds and is shot from the side, looked superimposed)

Villian: A. (Doc Ock was a great villian.)

But Dialogue/Plot/Script: D. I felt like I was watching Frodo from Lord of the Rings whine for 2 hours about "I can't do it Sam..." or Luke from Star Wars whining to Yoda about whatever. We KNOW you are going to decide that you have to be Spiderman at the end. Stop being a pussy and go fight crime already. Tell Mary Jane you're Spiderman instead of watching some astronaut getting closer and closer to boning her.

I was bored out of my head, waiting to see Doc Ock again (who was awesome) and ho-yessing every other word in the dialogue (out loud in the theater, and Lisa wasn't even embarassed).

The first one was better. What did you find "engaging" about the plot? The plot of Cat in the Hat was more engaging.

MDS
 
Post a Comment

<< Home