Friday, July 23, 2004

The wicked witch was just misunderstood.

Yesterday on my birthday, Kathy and I went to see Wicked, a broadway show about the witches from Oz.  It was really great.  It's way up there in terms of broadway shows I've seen.

I wonder if I can remember all the shows I've seen. 

Les Miserables - still awesome, still love it.

Wicked - really incredible, very clever, good show.

Avenue Q - also awesome.  anyone between 20 and 30 must see it.

The Lion King - really good.  The story is the same as the movie, but the sets and costumes and everything were really well done.

Freak - John Leguizamo one man show.  Good, but most of it is about sex.  Not a complaint, but an observation.

Rent - good, engaging, but not nearly as good the second time around.

The Iceman Cometh - very good, very serious, no singing.  Though we had awesome seats and got to see Kevin Spacey, Tony Danza, and Paul Giamatti.

Beauty and the Beast - pretty good.  More for the younger crowd.

Grease - the version I saw was pretty uninspired, though Dominique Dawes and Joe Piscopo lead the (ahem) all-star cast.

Cats - dumb, no story, just singing cats.

Phantom of the Opera - didn't like it, though other folks seem to.

Starlight Express - it was cool when I was 12, but seems silly in retrospect.

I'm not sure if I missed any.  I remembered two of them just as I was about to stop the first time.  I think this is a pretty comprehensive list, though.

Comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it 2006 lotus elise convertible Teen beach voyeur tracking car gps navigation system Carpet heating Brand name phentermine 90 day only 97
 
Post a Comment

<< Home