Monday, August 16, 2004

USA! USA!

I really enjoy watching the Olympics on TV. I guess that's good since the coverage is literally on 24 hours a day.

Any time I want to I can watch synchronized diving, badminton, equestrian events, table tennis, boxing, swimming, men's gymnastics, track and field, or any of the myriad events that go on in the games.

I'm not sure why it is I enjoy the Olympics so much, but ever since I was young I've always watched as much coverage as possible. I think the summer olympics has a bit more to offer in terms of variety and athleticism, but nothing beats curling in the winter games. They cover curling like it's a joke. Bob Costas has that mischievous grin on his face as he throws the coverage over to the alternate ice rink where the curling takes place.

Anyhow, go USA. Also you can't help but route for the Iraqi soccer team. The USA basketball team is definitely not going to win the gold this year. Look for Argentina to take it and for Serbia Montenegro to take silver. Let's hope the USA can medal.


Comments:
Bob Costas' hair is starting to approach Donald Trump's in shape and is definitely changed color.

That said, Bob Costas is one of the smarter commentators out there. Ditto for Bob Ley on ESPN. Mike Wilbon on Pardon the Interruption and most of the guests on Around the Horn (are those two shows still on?) are good.

I used to love Stuart Scott. He's started to become somewhat of a tool nowadays. The Randy Jackson of ESPN, if you will.

I get friggin annoyed with Skip Bayless and, of course, Bill Walton. They join John Andraise in the worst commentators ever category.

I recognize that this category was not about sports commentators, but seeing Bob Costas' hair last night on the Olympics got me thinking about it.

MDS
 
Best regards from NY! » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home