Monday, May 02, 2005

Being Proud of Your Academic Achievements

At my school around this time of year they give out awards for most improved attendance. It's a way to show kids that even if you were screwing around at the beginning of the year, you can turn it around and it's never too late and some othr such nonsense. They give it out to about 150 students who've started going back to class.

Anyhow, one of my best students from last year was cutting her last couple of classes this year in order to be with ehr boyfriend. When I found out I was pretty shocked and asked her about it and such. Not an entirely fruitful conversation, but that's aside from the point.

I saw her and another of my students from last year who are friends outside the school one day. I waved and kept walking until they both stopped me and the following conversation ensued:

Student 1: Hey Mr. Gardner (she's one of the very few who actually uses my name), I've been giong to all of my classes now. I'm passing all of them.
Me: That's good. I'm proud of you.
Student 2: I started going to all my classes again, too. I've been going for like a month now.
Me: Also good. I'm proud of you too.
1: I'm getting a most improved attendance award this week. They sent me the invitation to the ceremony.
2: Hey, how come I'm not getting one? I go to class now, too.
1: I don't know, but I really just stopped going for a while, so maybe that's why.
2: No way, I stopped going completely for like a whole month, and now I go every day.
1: I don't know, I guess you didn't deserve it.
2: I can't believe it, I was cutting for so long.
Me: Look guys, I'd love to stay here and argue about who's the best at cutting class, but I've got to go home.
2: Wow, we sound mad dumb.
Me: Something like that.

Comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Serotonine + antidepressant + depression Cpu temp amd Atk hairy girls pits Ass duster Free milf riders movies- jewel
 
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home