Sunday, May 01, 2005

Wait 'Til Next Year, Nets.

The Nets got blown away by the Heat, who are clearly a better team. I guess I was wrong about this year having the best 1-8 matchups ever, since both 8 seeds are getting blown away.

Anyhow, I like the Nets chances for next year. Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson is a pretty good damn nucleus to build around and Nenad Krstic has been relatively impressive in his rookie year. If they add some size, I think they can compete in the East.

Udonis Haslem is a free agent after this season and maybe they can go after him. He'll probably re-sign with the Heat, since they're good, but he's the type of guy the Nets should be going after. I guess they can't do much with their draft in the way of improving, but hopefully they can get someone good through a trade or something.

It's too bad that Alonzo Mourning basically forced his way out of New Jersey, because he could have contributed to the Nets what he contributed to the Heat in this series, but I guess that's how it goes.

Anyway, look for the Nets to improve mightily on their record from this year. They started the year with only Jefferson as a scoring leader and the three main guys only played like 10 games together. Let them get some chemistry, along with Krstic improving steadily, and they may be the third best team behind Miami and Detroit in the East on paper.

Reggie Miller retiring is going to have a bigger impact on Indiana than his statistics would make it seem, I think. Also there is almost no way they can bring Ron Artest back to their team. I don't expect them to, anyway. Clearly I'm the authority on these things.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home