Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Tom Ridge one was the one that got me.

I just posted about how all of these people are resigning the Bush cabinet, but the one that really threw me for a loop was when Tom Ridge decided to resign.

I really felt like Ridge was getting himself in good with the party when he accepted that post as Homeland Security chairman. I figured that he was on the fringe of the Bush inner circle and that he was getting his name out there for some kind of bigger move into the political arena. He resigned as Pennsylvania governor just to take the job and I figured that he was on some kind of fast track (to be officially known from now on as the Barack Obama highway). I mean, what experience did Tom Ridge have as governor of Pennsylvania in fighting terrorists? Why was he the most qualified one for the job? I don't know that he was, it just seemed like a political move.

I was pretty surprised, therefore, when I heard that he was resigning. I didn't figure that one.

Picking Bernard Kerik as a replacement seems to be a pretty inspired choice. Dubya's definitely capitalizing on the whole 9/11 thing and it would seem that Kerik is singularly qualified for this job after having lead the NYPD in the wake of the terrorist attack. I guess I can't knock him.

Comments:
This is very interesting site...
» » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home