Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The state of the Knicks.

The Knicks are actually playing pretty well together so far this year. They had a couple of ugly losses in the beginning of the season but their last two wins were pretty convincing. Granted one was against the Hawks who me and 4 friends could beat, but nonetheless, they never let them back into the game which is a trademark of theirs. Also the other win was against Cleveland, who is actually a good team.

Not only do I think the Knicks are going to end up with Ron Artest, I'm going to love it when they do. I said all along they should have drafted him to begin with when they had the chance, but they suck at drafting guys. If they do get Artest, I think the press will be mainly positive too. Everyone's recent favorite Knick teams featured guys like Charles Oakley, Xavier McDaniel, John Starks, and even Patrick Ewing who were scrappy and would sooner punch you (or headbutt you in Starks' case) than take your shit. Everyone loved when Sprewell got here and this will, hopefully, be a similar situation.

The Knicks never should have gotten rid of Sprewell, by the way, even though he's acting like a winy little bitch now about his contract. Also Sprewell's hairstyle this season is terrible.

The Knicks absolutely need to get rid of Tim Thomas who sucks.

I don't understand all the hating on Kurt Thomas who is a badass. He's a poor man's Kenyon Martin except Kurt can also shoot the outside shot. He's one of my favorite Knicks.

Michael Sweetney is awesome. He looks kindof awkward running around and then he's gotten an offensive rebound and laid it back in. Good shit.

Jamal Crawford shoots every time he touches the ball and he's not as good a shooter as he thinks he is. Alan Houston, who is a good shooter, has much better shot selection. Houston is sortof a bitch, though, and who knows when he'll be back. Crawford has hit a couple of good shots, but I'll bet his shooting percentage is really low. In the high .30s or low .40s.

The Knicks are 5-5 and are actually in first place in the Atlantic conference ahead of Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, and New Jersey. I think they might actually win that terrible conference unless Philly turns it around. There's no one else to challenge them. That's a sad state of affairs.

The Knicks are 4-1 at home which is a good sign. Their only home loss was an embarrassing showing in the season opener against Boston.

Anyway, I could go on like this forever, I guess I'll stop. I realized a while back that the Knicks are definitely my favorite sports team. I route for them above all other teams. If the Knicks were somehow playing the Yankees or the Jets, I would route for the Knicks.

Comments:
This is very interesting site... Land rover front plates apec surveillance dvr
 
Post a Comment

<< Home