Saturday, August 13, 2005

I'm Done With Home Run Derby

Today I hit 299 home runs, good enough for 7th place on the all time list. I'm still not on the list because I never registered with the site. I don't think I'll ever beat that number not because I'm incapable, but because that particular game where I hit the 299 took me about 40 minutes to complete. Once I got on a roll I figured I'd finish the game, but it's just not interesting enough for me to play for 40 minutes at a time with any regularity.

I'm not saying I'll never play again, but there's really nothing to shoot for since the number 1 spot on the list would be over 1,300 home runs and I'll never do that even if I were capable. That would take a few hours at least. I don't think I'll play to beat my record again. Once I get bored with it, I'll turn it off.

My high games are 299, 166, 125, and 100. I'll leave that legacy to the new, younger players in the home run derby league.

Comments:
Wow, telemarketing has reached chuckjerry.blogspot.com's comment pages.

Anyway, Jerry, reading this post reminded me of the part at the end of the Matrix where Keanu Reeves figures out how to move as fast as the bad guys and he "solves" the Matrix.

Such is how you are with the pitchers in Home Run Derby.

Congratulations, Neo. I still can't hit the curveballs.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home