Saturday, September 24, 2005

Autumn is My Favorite Season

I guess the title says it all. I love the fall. It's easily my favorite time of year. Let me count the ways.

First and easily foremost, the weather just doesn't get any better. A crisp autumn day where it's not too humid and it's not quite cold yet is the perfect day to do anything you want to do. Also the sun in autumn seems to bounce off of things in such a way that everything just seems a little clearer. I don't know if I can accurately describe what I mean in terms of the sun shining this way, but it is probably the main reason I love autumn so much. Let's also not forget the leaves on the trees changing from green to red and orange and yellow and what not. That's just a great sight.

On top of that autumn is when school starts again. Perhaps that's a minus for some people or just neutral at this point since they don't go to school any more, but I really enjoy it. Back to school time is a plus for me.

This is also the best time of the year for sports. The baseball races are heating up and the World Series will go down soon. Also the football season is starting up. There's no better Sunday possible than getting up and starting at 10am watching Chris Matthews, Meet the Press, McLaughlin Group, Fox NFL Sunday, a 1pm Jets game, a 4pm Giants game, the ESPN football recap, and then the Sunday night NFL game. The only thing better than that is to replace the Sunday night football game with a World Series game.

Is there some sort of theory out there that says your favorite season is an insight as to the age of your soul? If there isn't then that's gonna be my theory. The Gardner Seasonal Soul Theory.

Anyway, we are right in the midst of my favorite time of year. September 1st through October 31st just does it for me. Once we hit daylight savings, or daylight wastings as it were since we go back to standard time, then that time is up.

Comments:
Where did you find it? Interesting read »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home