Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Bill Clinton rocks the heezie.

I was watching the Democratic convention last night, as were all good Americans.  Hillary's speech was uneventful, except for when she said, "I know a thing or two about health care".  It's always funny to make fun of yourself, I guess.

Bill Clinton's speech, on the other hand was awesome.  I forgot how much I love to hear him speak.  I've seen the "I have a dream" speech, but never in the context of the times, obviously, and we've heard of other great speakers in history, but I don't recall ever being so rapt as when Bill is giving a speech.  Not just last night, necessarily, though he was great, but any time he speaks in a public forum.

That's why I love Bill Clinton, and that's why I think he was a great president.  Granted, he took actions to back up his words, which is what actually made him great, but we all believed him when he did it because of his way with words.

Is Bill Clinton a moral pillar? Clearly, no.  Should we strive to be like Clinton in every way? Obviously not.  But the faith I had in Clinton because of his words backing actions that I also agreed with is the exact opposite of what I feel for Bush who does things I don't agree with and doesn't even explain them well when he does.

Bill Clinton also favorably juxtaposed with Michael Moore, who I agree with, but who makes me look silly sometimes.  Clinton doesn't use hyperbole or gimmicks or lies, he's just a damn persuasive guy.  Stupid term limits.



Comments:
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»
 
Post a Comment

<< Home