Monday, August 23, 2004

Why I'm still living in my old apartment.

Last Wednesday I bought a new apartment. Usually when you buy a new place to live, you move into it. I, however, have yet to move into my new apartment. The reason I have yet to move is because the guy I bought the apartment from, and his entire family, are still living in it.

They were supposed to be out of the apartment by today. Apparently it's pretty standard to allow a few days after a closing to move so that everyone who needs to move can be coordinated. I didn't have a problem with that. He is, as mentioned before, however, still there. He has a whole lot of shit and he's packing or something.

So as I write I'm in my old apartment, which I no longer own, waiting for this character to leave so I can go in and paint, move all my shit in, and live there.

On top of that I called the cable company today to switch my service over and the informed me that they cannot even schedule an appointment to set up the cable and internet until after the old residents have cancelled their service, which they have yet to do because they are still living in the house. I know for certain that they will be gone by the end of the week, which is when I tried to schedule the cable guy to come, but the cable company guy literally cannot schedule an appointment until the cable is actually cancelled. The cable is already scheduled to be cancelled, but that isn't good enough.

Fucking monopolies on things like cable make the customer service downright deplorable. When I first moved in here it took them two fucking weeks to come and install the cable because they couldn't find the house. The addresses in Queens are listed according to the street you live on. Unless you're a moron, which everyone who I've spoken to at the cable company seems to be, you can find houses in Queens. They can somehow feed 500 channels into my house and allow me to use the In Demand service, but they can't find my house on the street when I give them the address. This is getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home