Saturday, October 23, 2004

Dead Poets Society is severely underrated.

I'm watching Dead Poets Society at the moment and I'm struck that generally don't think of this when I list my favorite movies, but it definitely is one of my favorites.

Every scene is meaningful and the movie never drags even though it's very deliberate. It's absolutely one of the best and is Robin Williams' best performance to date (including the similarly awesome Good Will Hunting).

I don't really want to expound on this any more. I just think from now on I will count this in my top 5 or so.

Comments:
The ending was very predictable, but the rest of the movie was awesome. And it wasn't really about the ending so much as the journey.

The ending had not one, but two cliche ridden, predictable scenes. The first where Chuckie knocks on Will's door and he's not there and the second where he leaves Robin Williams a note about having to "go see about a girl."

The bottom line is that I think I could watch Good Will Hunting once a day evry day.
 
Good Will Hunting was predictable (as most, but not all, of Hollywood movies are - bet you couldn't predict Arlington Road or Mullholand Drive) - but it definitely didn't suck. Even if you hate it, you must admit you were entertained throughout if by nothing else the dialogue. The scene where Ben Affleck poses as Matt Damon and says "Retainer!... Retainer... let me tell you something... you're suspect..." is hilarious.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home