Saturday, October 02, 2004

My Yahoo is a cacophony of information.

I was screwing around with My Yahoo! today and I updated and changed some of the settings that had been pretty much stagnant since 1999. I switched from the two column setting to three columns which allows me to fit more information on the page more efficiently. I thought I had a lot of information there before, but now I've got everything there.

Now my Yahoo page is crazy. There are tables all over the place and more information than I really know what to do with. I must say I appreciate all the extra information, though. I'm definitely not knocking it. My features include top news stories, top politics stories, top sports stories, science news, weird news, today's TV schedule, my fantasy sports teams, today's and yesterday's sports scores, today's weather, a calendar, top ten movies, upcoming movie releases, upcoming DVD releases, stock watcher, top selling books, the word of the day, and three comic strips (boondocks, for better or for worse, and fox trot).

I can start at that page and be occupied for hours. It's a real quality web site. My Yahoo along with imdb.com I think are the two quintessential web sites. These two sites represent exactly what the web should be in terms of relaying information. There are other things to do on the web, obviously, but relative to entertainment/general information gathering, these are the sites to start on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home