Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Final Debate

The debate was fairly interesting again last night. I didn't write this post immediately after the debate so I don't think I remember all of the specific details. We can blame the Yankees for me not writing a more specific post.

On the whole everybody said what they wanted to say. Bush had some weird moments again and really went out of his way to try and make Kerry look like a super liberal and things of that nature. At one point Bush even used Kerry's "more of the same" line to characterize Kerry. That was a little weird.

The best part of the night was when Bush started to say something like, "Well, I don't know if we should go around quoting news organizations for opinions on my policies," but then he stopped right in the middle because he realized that he was doing the same thing. He then immediately quoted an independent study about one of Kerry's plans. I can just imagine Bush's thought process in that two minute span while Kerry was speaking and right as Bush started to speak. I had to let out a chuckle.

Kerry was solid again, I thought. Unlike the town hall debate, he actually had some answers for cutting the debt and specifics for economic growth. Bush seemed to avoid all those issues again.

The thing with Bush in all the debates is that he seems unwilling to run on his record. He's been president for four years now and didn't really talk about one thing he did that was good for our domestic policy short of Medicare reform. Kerry certainly had a lot of points on which Bush screwed up.

Anyway, I'm going to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home