Sunday, January 16, 2005

Jew Ball is looking up.

I play basketball in the winter league at the Teaneck Jewish center. My team started the season 0-3 and we lacked chemistry and communication. We have won our last two games, however, and we have looked great doing it. Today we won 100-61 in an impressive victory. Apparently we were the first team to ever score 100 points in the Jewish center league.

Unfortunately we had Evan go down with an ankle injury and he'll most likely miss the rest of the season. That was a big blow to us last week when he was carted off in the middle of the game.

Anyway, I'll bet about four people are interested in the status of my Jew Ball team, but I feel like we're really turning a corner. Next week we go up against the only undefeated team in the league, so I guess we'll see how far we've progressed.

Incidentally, our leading scorer and team leader is a guy named Christian. It seems blatantly inappropriate to have a guy named Christian on your Jewish center team, but no one seems to mind.

Comments:
Congrats on the 100 point game. In the 10 year history of the league, your team was the first to crack triple digits. Being on the losing end of a 100 point game is not fun. I remember a few years back I was playing and we were down by a ton of points. There were only a couple of minutes left in the game and the other team had near 90 points. There was a punk kid on the other team who was trying to get his teammates to run up the score and try to reach 100. The next time he drove the lane, I put him on his ass. All I'm saying is that I hope you guys scored 100 graciously and weren't applying the full-court press at the end of the game. That would be a mad dick thing to do. Kudos again and reaching 100.
 
Who was your opponent? The Washington Generals? Or (to stereotype) should I say the Fair Lawn Generals?

Nnnnnnnnn.
 
Keep up the good work Land rover price quote Didrex 37 5 used subaru for sale with specs Where go deleted files on computer
 
Post a Comment

<< Home