Tuesday, January 11, 2005

My fantasy basketball team takes a huge hit.

The Nets announced today that Richard Jefferson would be out for the season with a wrist injury that will require surgery and 4 months of rehab. This is moderately devastating on several levels for me.

First, I have RJ on my fantasy basketball team and he is a consistent performer. This will undoubtedly change my strategy moving forward. My team is forward heavy, so I guess I'll drop him and pick up a guard, but I'm certainly not going to equal his production in any way. I was just starting to turn my team around, too.

Second, I am a fringe Nets fan and I like to see them win for the most part. I think that they were finally on the path to gelling between Jefferson, Kidd, and Carter and would have made a significant jump in their deplorable conference. This is great for Vince Carter fans (and fantasy owners), since he will be the main recipient of Kidd's greatness, but it's bad for the team as a whole who loses the one guy who's been consistently reliable over the past two seasons.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home