Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Is It Me or My Genes?

Last year I told you all that my diet was bad and my cholesterol was 256. For a year I've watched what I've eaten and consciously exercised in an effort to get my cholesterol down. 256 is dangerously high and it really should be below 200.

This year I got a check up and my cholesterol is down from 256 to 242, still dangerously high. Now, my doctor said that I was to be commended because without drugs and such this is basically an expected drop and it is significantly lower, but it's still crazy high. I don't get it. I've had way too few cheeseburgers and steaks in the last year for this slight improvement from really bad to still pretty bad.

He's giving me 3 more months to really stop eating everything except for rice cakes and exercise like mad before doing something more drastic about it like a medication or some such thing. He says I'm getting to the age where it will eventually make something bad happen to me.

I didn't know that I would be "getting to that age" where random things make a difference so quickly.

Anyhow, I tried. I'll have to try harder in the next couple months. The doctor says my diet and such probably don't have all that much to do with it and it's just in my blood...literally.

Comments:
Do you mean underrated?
 
I you want to know the TRUTH about Autism go here http://www.naturalhealthlibrarian.com
 
Excellent, love it!
» » »
 
What a great site » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home