Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Dept. Of Education Loves Me

Recently all the teachers in New York City got a pay raise. My salary is now probably 2/3 of what you make as opposed to 1/2 of what you make. Anyhow, part o the agreement was that they would give us retroactive pay for the time between when our contract ran out and the time the new contract was enacted. It didn't end up being very much for me, despite the fact that the contract had run out even before I started working for the DOE.

I can only assume the check I received in the mail today was a part of that back pay process, even though all my back pay was supposed to have been in my last check, which I also received this week. I got a check today from the DOE for $1.99. After they took out taxes, though, it was only for $1.78. Fucking government.

Honestly, I don't know what it's for, and the description just says "adj", which I can only assume means adjustment, rather than adjective or anything else. Nice to know that I'm appreciated, in any event.

Comments:
It's per session back pay.
 
What did I do at a per session rate of $33.00 an hour to earn $1.99?
 
best regards, nice info » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home