Monday, January 22, 2007

The Super Bowl

First of all, since the Bears are in the Super Bowl, it's a great excuse to re-watch the "Super Bowl Shuffle" from the 1985 Chicago Bears. Not only kickin' it mad old school, but also really poorly.



Anyway, my thoughts about the Super Bowl are that I'm really glad the Colts make it. I enjoy watching the Colts and I like Peyton Manning and I feel like he deserves to win. I also like the way all the Colts carry themselves starting with Tony Dungy and going on down. So I'm glad that a classy organization gets that recognition.

I was pretty indifferent about the Bears and the Saints. I guess I wanted the Saints to win, but if the Giants weren't going to win the NFC, then it really didn't matter.

My other thought is that I'm glad the Patriots lost, I really think they deserved it. They had all the talent in the world and guys who fit perfectly into their systems and they treated them like crap. They coach these guys up and then when it's time to pay them for being great players, they refuse to. The one exception obviously is Tom Brady, but he's a one in a million quarterback so they're at least smart enough to keep him. In the past 4 to 5 years they have lost star players like Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Deion Branch, and others because they weren't willing to pay them market value. They manage their salary cap to a Draconian extent. They had Deion Branch ranked as their best offensive player coming into this season. Better even than Tom Brady and they kicked him out the door rather than pay him market value. So they deserve to lose because they think they can win on their system with no talent.

On top of that Bill Belichick is a fucking jerk. He acts like a 4 year old. I mean, there are guys who have reputations as ornery guys, like Bobby Knight for example, but those guys at least act like human beings. Belichick just looks like he wants to take his ball and go home whenever shit doesn't go his way. Even when they're winning he treats other guys like dicks. The whole ridiculous debacle with Eric Mangini, for example. Or the interview he gave to Solomon Wilcox last night which was just silly.

I think the Colts are going to win. I'm routing for the Colts rather than just be indifferent, which is what I usually am. I can't see Rex Grossman leading his team to victory, and, all else being equal, the quarterback comparison is not even close. I'm not saying it will be a blowout, but I think the Colts will pull it out.

Comments:
Welcome Back from Christmas Break!

I agree, Belichick sucks! What a punk!

After the game, Manning waited for him to finish shaking hands with Dungy presumably to shake hands and say "Good game coach" (although I suppose it could have been to talk shit, I don't know since neither of them were miked up) but Belichick just sort of walked passed him without saying a word.

I know it's a tough loss and all but show some class. Also, what he did to the Jets when Parcells left is unforgiveable. And Mangini is dope!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home