Saturday, January 29, 2005

Best basketball players by position.

I'm gonna limit my picks to guys from the '80s until today since I'm incapable of including guys from before then as I never saw them play. I realize I'm leaving out a good portion of great players.

First Team
PG-Magic Johnson
SG-Michael Jordan
SF-Larry Bird
PF-Tim Duncan
C-Hakeem Olajuwan

Second Team
PG-Isiah Thomas
SG-Clyde Drexler
SF-Kevin Garnett (really a PF, I guess)
PF-Charles Barkley
C-Shaquille O'Neal

Third Team
PG-Jason Kidd
SG-Reggie Miller
SF-Julius Erving
PF-Karl Malone
C-Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Who am I leaving out?

The NBA All-Bitch Team
PG-John Stockton (dirtiest player ever)
SG-Reggie Miller (second dirtiest player ever-and a whiny bitch to boot)
SF-Tracy McGrady (slightly out of position)
PF-Karl Malone (whiny, whiny bitch)
C-Dikembe Mutombo (if you ask him, he's never committed a foul)

Comments:
Sorry about that, Juli. I'll try to expand my scope.
 
I think Stockton should be on one of your teams, and not on the all-bitch team. I would definitely also put Kobe above Reggie Miller.
 
Where's Bill Lambeir on the All-Bitch team?

We should come up with an All-6th Man team.
 
Yeah, definitely Kobe above Reggie Miller. An oversight on my part.

John Stockton was definitely a bitch. He was great, but he bent the rules to a ridiculous extent to make up for his lack of talent (relative to other great PGs). He would grab and hold and the refs knew it and didn't do anything about it.
 
Very nice site! »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home