Tuesday, May 09, 2006

An Underrated Movie

I was thinking today about a movie that I really love, Joe Versus The Volcano, and wondering why everybody doesn't love this movie. I mean, it's got Tom Hanks, it's got Meg Ryan. Everyone saw Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail just because those two were in it.

This movie is enormously entertaining. It's about a guy who thinks he's dying so he agrees to be a human sacrifice for this native South Pacific island nation who thinks their god lives in the volcano on the island. There's a lot more that goes on, but that's the basic plot. Hilarity ensues, or whatever. Meg Ryan plays three different parts, two of whom are twin sisters, and one who's just also Meg Ryan for some reason. It's a funny movie. Clever dialogue.

Have people just not seen it? I can't imagine one could watch this movie and not enjoy it. Roger Ebert really enjoyed it, and all the user comments on IMDB say that this is a wonderful movie that is overlooked. The fan rating isn't all that high, but everyone who took the time to comment enjoyed it. And immensely, I might add.

Anyone seen this movie? If you have seen it, didn't you enjoy it? I want to hear from someone who has seen it and didn't enjoy it. I don't think you exist.

Comments:
ChuckJerry, I trust you 110%, as you're usually right. However, the IMDB voters also gave it a rating of 5.3 out of 10. What gives with that?
 
Jerry, I have seen it. I own it and love it. A highly underrated movie. I believe I even have a still from the film on my MySpace page.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home