Friday, June 09, 2006

Stealing From Joe

Been a while since I've stolen from Joe, so I'm filling up the empty space with something I got from his site.

The most embarrassing CD I own ...
You could make a case that it is Nelson, as in Matthew and Gunnar, as in "After the rain, washes away the tears, and all the pain, o-only after the rain, can you love again", as in "I can't live without your love and affection. I can't spend another night on my own." That was, incidentally, also the first CD I ever bought. I can't even name any of the other songs on the CD, but I still love those two.

As a child, did you ever wish you had a different name, maybe a name you wish your parents had chosen?
I just wish I could have avoided all the Charles vs. Jerry confusion. I don't think I ever disliked Charles, I just never identified with it. I like it a little more now, especially after having been called Chuck or Charles for a while.

What's the worst present you ever received?
My dad was a pretty bad present buyer. He insisted on buying me clothes from time to time, like on Christmas or something and they were usually lame. Once he bought me these enormous size 13 Timberland boots. To be fair, I wear a size 12 shoe and he wore a 13 and I would sometimes wear his shoes, so he thought I wore a 13. Also in fairness, I still have the boots and wear them whenever it snows. So I guess that wasn't a bad gift.

What was your first concert?
Dave Matthews, Jones Beach, 1996. Brian and I drove out there in my dad's car and we had seats in the 10th row. Ben Harper opened and during Dave's set, Ben Harper came into the crowd and watched for a while and Brian and I both gave him a pound and told him that his set was great, which it was. The whole experience was surreal for someone who had never seen a concert, period, let alone the fact that I was seeing my favorite band at an impressionable time in life. That remains my best concert going experience, as I got a little more and more jaded each concert I've been to since then, still mostly Dave Matthews shows, though Jason Mraz puts on a hell of a concert. After the concert Brian and I, both thinking we were a little wiser to the ways of the world than we actually were at 17, agreed that it was the coolest thing either of us had ever done.

Comments:
Nelson is a really really good embarassing cd. Oh, those beautiful blue eyed, blonde haired crooners. Where might they be now.

If it makes you feel better I have a MC Hammer/Vanilla Ice compilation cd, but that was bought as a joke, for 3 dollars.
 
brian was on harper's nuts like crazy for a month afterward. it was the only cd he played in the basement and he repeatedly declared him the greatest singer ever.
 
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home