Monday, December 20, 2004

Vince-anity...probably not.

I don't understand the Nets trading for Vince Carter. I think they are just trying to keep Kidd happy, which is a pretty bad strategy for any team to have. Why get rid of K-Mart is who is great and up and coming to sign Vince who, despite his tender age, has already played his best ball? Vince will cost them just as much in the short term.

There is no question that Kidd will make Carter better. On the upside of the trade, there are probably no two players who's games will mesh in terms of sheer highlight plays better than these two guys. I thought Kidd to Jefferson was the prettiest thing in the league, but Kidd to Carter will be even better.

I hope this doesn't take away from Jefferson's fantasy numbers, though I guess it will. I'm not going to get to see a big impact on Jefferson's numbers based on Kidd's return to the lineup, except for the 38 points that Jefferson scored last night.

As a pseudo-Nets fan (are there any other kind?) I hope that Carter can stay healthy and impact the team, but I don't see how he will do either to a great extent. There's no doubt that Carter cannot lead a team by himself, but maybe along side Kidd he can be the best second player in the league. If he keeps up his sucking, he'll be the best third player in the league behind Jefferson.

Also I really like Aaron Williams, and Eric Williams had been playing well recently. Also they traded those two guys, Mourning, and two first round draft picks for Carter. That's definitely too much on the Nets side.

Comments:
This is very interesting site... » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home