Friday, March 25, 2005

I'm not to be trusted around gummy bears.

I was at Staples the other day and they had a enormous size container of gummy bears and I thought it would be nice to have so I bought it. I figured I could eat a few a day and Kathy could eat a few a day and we'd go through them eventually. I love gummy bears.

Why are they bears, incidentally? Seems pretty arbitrary. Also why are the bears the best gummy candy? Gummies in other forms aren't as good for some reason.

Anyhow, there are 16 servings of gummy bears in this container and I'm eating them like there's no tomorrow. It's nearly embarrassing the rate at which I'm eating these things and I know it's doing me no good. I don't generally eat sweets and even if we have them in the house I just let them sit there and Kathy gets mad that I don't eat them ever. For whatever reason, the gummy bears are different.

One time I was walking on 5th avenue and I hadn't eaten lunch. Fifth ave is fairly pretentious so there aren't any street vendors or places to just stop and eat, so I was kindof screwed. I went into FAO Schwarz to the candy section and I bought and ate a shitload of gummy bears for lunch, thinking it would make me not hungry any more. As great as those gummy bears were, they did nothing for my hunger and they actually just made me sick since I was walking and was hungry and had nothing but pure sugar and red 40 in my system.

The moral of the story is that I'm not to be trusted with gummy bears and I won't ever buy the enormo-pack again. I guess it's better than cocaine.

Comments:
Gummy bears are definitely NOT the most gummy of candies... hello, gummy worms?!?

The TBO canteen used to sell gummy worms as well as their standard fare of fries, chicken nuggets, and soda. For a 10, 11 year old boy this was all the food one would ever need.
 
This is very interesting site... » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home