Saturday, July 09, 2005

Some Entertaining Games

At Candystand.com, they used to have a home run derby game that I found pretty fun. I used to play a lot when I worked at this job that I hated. I guess they don't have it anymore, or at least I can't find it on their site. While I was looking for it, though, I did some across this ping pong game, which is equally entertaining. It plays a lot like real ping pong. Some advice if you're going to try it, the purple spin paddle is pretty effective, though the blue power paddle doesn't seem to add any more power to your game. The red all purpose paddle is the same as the blue as best I can tell.

Also entertaining is Party Poker. Of course, the prerequisite is that you know how to play and enjoy playing poker. I like to play the play money single table tournaments. They most closely resemble playing real poker as far as play money goes. You can also play with real money, but I'm not ready to give in to a gambling addiction quite yet. The players are not great and in a tournament usually it comes down to three or four people who know what they're doing, but it's entertaining if you can't seem to get a game elsewhere.

I'm told that Ultimate Bet has better players than Party Poker, but they don't let me play for play money until I put real money into an account. If you can play for free, then I don't know how.

UPDATE:I found the Home Run Derby game.

Comments:
In my job selling software (described in the middle of these comments), this guy and me rocked Home Run Derby for hours on end. That's so weird. The distance on the home runs was ridiculous. The key I learned quickly was to only swing at the fastballs. I found the scoreboard message animation between home runs very annoying.
 
I think you were the one who showed me the site, Max, since neither one of us did much at our wack jobs.

Anyway, today I did my personal best at Home Run Derby with 54 homers.
 
Very nice site!
» » »
 
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »
 
Keep up the good work » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home