Tuesday, February 07, 2006

One Of The Best Lines In Television History

If you haven't seen "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS Mondays, I suggest you check it out. The caveat is that you should be a fan of sit-coms, of you probably won't enjoy it. Anyhow, I've been watching it all season and I find it pretty funny. It's contrived at times, but I think absurd contrivances are taught in week 2 of Sit-Coms 101, so you get used to it.

Anyway, the greatest line ever was in last night's episode. The main character, Ted, started dating a new girl and she wanted to take it slow so they were going to wait for a month before having sex. At this point in the conversation Barney, played by Doogie Howser himself, Neil Patrick Harris, says:

"The only reason to wait a month for sex is if the girl is 17 years, 11 months old."

I just about shit my pants after that one.

Comments:
Agreed. Good show.

I've watched it all year too mainly because I have a pretty major crush on Willow from Buffy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home