Monday, March 28, 2005

ER is great again.

There were a couple of years between I'd say 2000 and 2003 or so when I stopped watching ER and would really only watch sporadically. At about the half way mark of last season I started to watch again and I got hooked...again.

When I was in high school and into college I would rarely miss an episode. I was a bit of a nerd in high school (still am, truth be told) and the only thing that would keep me up past 10pm was ER every Thursday.

The last two original episodes where Neela and Gallant are writing letters back and forth and what not were just great. The whole season so far has been really entertaining. They've dealt with all sorts of issues, even the euthanasia craze that swept the country with Million Dollar Baby, without much fanfare. I think a lot of people have rediscovered the show because the ratings today are just as high as their highest level. They consistently win their time slot every Thursday.

I remember when ER was first syndicated onto TNT. Their commercials had the original cast running down the hall in slow motion towards some emergency and the voiceover said, "The best...show...ever. Coming to TNT." I was watching with Brian at the time and we both had the same reaction, which was to laugh at the fools advertising for TNT.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home